Monday, July 27, 2009

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac is a beautifully written story that tells of a teenage girl that is in a tragic accident and gets amnesia. She turns into someone totally unlike who she was before and starts to look at how people tell her her old life was, in a different way. The twists and turns this book takes make you sigh, gasp, laugh, and even cry. It was the same kind of writing as Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin, that pulls you into the story. I finished it in a day. Even though it's 271 pages long, it just blew right by because the story built a momentum and it just got better as it went on. I recommend this book to people that are up for a mature read. I wa deeply engrossed in the story as soon as I picked the book up. It was the type of book that you feel as if you're the main character and I would give it 5 out of 5 stars. Rating: 5 out of 5

No comments: